Greetings from London :-)

Mein Baby
ich stelle mich mal vor..

Moderator: Moderator

Beitragvon London-16V » 23. Nov 2007, 00:12

Hi 16vau, thankyou for the welcome.
In the UK cruise control (tempomat) was only available with the automatic transmission!
Thats really interesting that cruise control was available with manual transmission in Deutschland!
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Thorsten Stadler » 23. Nov 2007, 09:31

Hi London,
I hope the BMW was cheap. The steering wheel is on the wrong site. The workers at BMW must have been drunken :-)
If yo change the transmission, a client will know, that is was an Automatic car, because of the VIn and the data plate. But never mind. If you store the automatic and all the replaced parts, everybody can convert it back into automatic transmission.
Thorsten Stadler
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 23. Nov 2007, 10:19

Haha! I agree 201036 we do drive on the wrong side of the road!
Maybe i will leave the conversion.
Are there any good manual 16V cars for sale in Germany right now with all the options?
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Thorsten Stadler » 23. Nov 2007, 10:22

Do you like an EVO1??
Thorsten Stadler
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 23. Nov 2007, 10:27

EVO ! is not bad, it depends on the condition/options and price!
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Thorsten Stadler » 23. Nov 2007, 10:41

Lokk at my website. It is a clients car, not mine, but we checked this car he and made a few repairings. The yellow paint is certainly not original, but the car is in very good condition and it is nothing to repair now. For more informations please contact me over my website.
Thorsten Stadler
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 23. Nov 2007, 10:46

Yellow looks nice! But not for me sadly :-)
I just replied to your PM, i hope you get it!
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 7. Jan 2008, 21:00

Hello everybody!

As you know i was thinking of getting my 1990 2.5-16 converted to the manual Getrag transmission. I was always unsure of this because i thought that i would loose originality and the car would be ruined in some way.

Finally i made the decision to goto Team Stadler Motorsport and see Thorsten. I live in London and as you know this is a very very long journey to make! But i knew that no one and i mean no one in the UK would have the skills, expertise and knowledge to this conversion properly.

I have travelled all over the world but strangely i had never visited Germany. My brother came with me and trip was wonderful. The Autobahn is one of the most impressive pieces of engineering i have experienced!

Germany is a very beautiful country and Hann Munden is simply breath taking! I loved every single minute of my time there.

Thorsten and his amazing staff, Alex, Dennis and Jens ‘The Master’ completed the conversion in one day! The level of detail and professionalism was fantastic. I am a perfectionist and an enthusiast and i do not settle for second best. Team Stadler delivered and then some! Everything was taken care of, every small detail.

Jens also solved my KE Jetronic problem which NO ONE has ever been able to solve! Jens is an amazing guy and i was humbled by his knowledge and kindness.

Alex and Dennis were also FIRST CLASS. They worked so very hard, with so much enthusiasm and professionalism!

Finally Thorsten. What can I say, a very very funny guy with a great sense of humour who does his work with much love. Extremely professional, very caring, very honest, and always wanting the very best for his clients. A true gentleman.

The team also checked and adjusted my valve clearances which were not adjusted properly because of bad shims. I hope i got that technical term correct!

My cruise control also works perfectly!

The end result gave me tears of joy literally. Thorsten has given me the car i always wanted.

I will never use anybody else to take care of my car, because i know that no one can match his expertise and attention to detail.

Thankyou my friend for making it happen. I am so so happy like you would not believe.

Also for anyone driving an automatic 16V...You must be crazy! The manual gearbox is absolutely fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!! Simply out of this world...

Thankyou for reading and here are a few pictures!

Chuus! :-)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 7. Jan 2008, 21:26

Hello London 16V,

verry nice that you been happy about your (new) manuel transmission.
Your car looks so nice :shock: , hope we can see you with your manuel 16V at the Hockenheim meeting 2008 8)

Hier mal der Text von London 16V übersetzt durch den Google Translator.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hallo everybody!

Wie Sie wissen, war ich immer mein Denken von 1990 2.5-16 umgerechnet auf die manuelle Übertragung Getrag. Ich war immer unsicher, weil ich dachte, dass ich verlieren würde Originalität und das Auto wäre in gewisser Weise ruiniert.

Schließlich machte ich die Entscheidung, goto Team Stadler Motorsport und Thorsten sehen. Ich lebe in London, und wie Sie wissen, ist dies eine sehr, sehr lange Reise zu machen! Aber ich wusste, dass niemand, und ich meine Niemand in Großbritannien hätte die Fähigkeiten, Kenntnisse und Know-how zu dieser Umstellung.

Ich habe die ganze Welt, aber seltsamerweise hatte ich nie besucht Deutschland. Mein Bruder kam mit mir und Reise war wunderbar. Die Autobahn ist eines der beeindruckendsten Stücke von Engineering-i erlebt haben!

Deutschland ist ein sehr schönes Land und Hann Munden ist einfach atemberaubend! Ich liebte jede einzelne Minute meiner Zeit dort.

Thorsten und seine erstaunliche Personal, Alex, Dennis und Jens "The Master" die Umwandlung in ein Tag! Die hohes Maß an Genauigkeit und Professionalität war fantastisch. Ich bin ein Perfektionist und ein i-Enthusiasten und sich nicht für die zweite am besten. Team Stadler geliefert und dann einige! Alles war kümmert, jedes kleine Detail.

Jens auch Jetronic KE gelöst mein Problem, das NIEMAND hat jemals in der Lage gewesen zu lösen! Jens ist ein erstaunliches Kerl und ich gedemütigt wurde von seinem Wissen und Güte.

Alex und Dennis waren auch FIRST CLASS. Sie arbeiteten sehr hart, mit so viel Begeisterung und Professionalität!

Schließlich Thorsten. Was kann ich sagen, ein sehr, sehr lustiger Kerl mit einem großen Sinn für Humor hat, die seine Arbeit mit viel Liebe. Sehr professionell, sehr fürsorglich, sehr ehrlich, und wollen immer nur das Beste für seine Kunden. Ein wahrer Gentleman.

Das Team überprüft und angepasst mein Ventil Spiel, die nicht korrekt bereinigt wegen der schlechten Shims. Ich hoffe, ich habe, dass die technischen Begriff richtig!

Mein Tempomat funktioniert auch perfekt!

Das Endergebnis hat mir Tränen der Freude buchstäblich. Thorsten hat mir das Auto wollte ich immer.

Ich werde nie jemand anderes zu kümmern, mein Auto, weil ich weiß, dass niemand kann mit seinem Know-how und Liebe zum Detail.

Danke mein Freund für die Macher. Ich bin so glücklich, so wie Sie es nicht glauben.

Auch für alle, eine automatische Fahren 16V ... Sie müssen verrückt! Das manuelle Getriebe ist absolut fantastisch, fantastisch, fantastisch! Einfach nicht von dieser Welt ...

Vielen Dank für das Lesen und hier sind ein paar Bilder!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gruß Fränk
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon London-16V » 7. Jan 2008, 21:32

Hello Henger,

Be sure i will be at Hockenheim this year! :-)
Also thank you for your generous comments!
I try my best :-)
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon LUDE » 7. Jan 2008, 22:14

Great work!

You have a nice car...but i will stay by my automatic gearbox!
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Senna » 7. Jan 2008, 22:45

Hi London

Your car look really nice and i like to see the Pictures with the story from you. Nice, Thanks for it.

In my opinion was the best decision to change it( even if Lude like his AutomaticTransmission, stimmts Lude alter Kumpel?)

And like Fränk(Henger) said. I hope we see you in Hockenheim this Year. Which by the way i hope to be also there.

Greetings
Senna
Bild
Senna
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Krusty84 » 7. Jan 2008, 22:48

What a beautiful car! :love10:

The last time I was in Hann.Münden I was staggering about an Evo2 from GB...

Team Stadler International :thumbright:
Krusty84

Beitragvon Seko76 » 7. Jan 2008, 22:57

Hey guys
especially you london,

I talked to Lude and i asked him: Should i search for a car with automatic or gear?
Because i am new hear and looking or searching for a good car with good conditions satill didn´t get one.
So it´s good to knew that you your are happy with that and i think i should quite find one with gear beacuse i can´t do such a work what you done.
I really interested to know how much does it cost?

Oh sorry i forgot to say hello and welcome
Seko76
40 Ventiler
40 Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 7. Jan 2008, 22:58

Thankyou guys!
Lude i think you should get a conversion too! :-)
Thankyou Senna, there are a lot more pictures, but all will be revealed at a later date!
It is the best thing i ever did. The car is amazing now. I will be coming to Hockenheim this year and look forward to meeting you and everybody else then!
Thankyou Krusty...Yest Team Stadler are the BEST!
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 7. Jan 2008, 23:01

Hello dilema01,
I think it is always best to buy 16v with gear. Even if you live in big city, it makes no sense to buy automatic.
It is difficult to fing good 16v. But if you find good one with automatic, you can always change to gear.
I am very happy indeed.
Please ask Thorsten (201036) and he will be able to help you for sure!
Thankyou for the welcome :-)
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Seko76 » 7. Jan 2008, 23:07

Please ask Thorsten (201036)

Sorry i don´t know him....what´s that for a no?
Seko76
40 Ventiler
40 Ventiler

Beitragvon London-16V » 7. Jan 2008, 23:16

201036 is his username here, or you can contact him on:

05541/999088 :-)
London-16V
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Seko76 » 7. Jan 2008, 23:20

Thanks, i will do that....
Seko76
40 Ventiler
40 Ventiler

Beitragvon Nagilum » 8. Jan 2008, 04:22

Nice that you're happy with your car now and that you like germany.
I also like the "Autobahn", it's a good way to get anywhere without loosing too much time (if the traffic is okay). :D
That's the result a business should always have, a good(fair) payed worker and a happy customer who's not crying about his money and happy with the done work.
Maybe a bit to be proud on germany especially these days (as you can't on our politicans). ;)

Regards
- Nagi
"Verbreitet ist die Bezeichnung Freund, doch selten ist die Treue."
- Phaedrus, Fabeln
Nagilum
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Autos: 190E 2.5-16

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu 14, 15, 16..meiner und ich