Projekt 2.5-16v,

Mein Baby
ich stelle mich mal vor..

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Projekt 2.5-16v,

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 28. Okt 2012, 16:20

hi Shaq, and thanks for the comment. I have not actually done the soldering or the filler job, its bee done by guy here in Göteborg that restores oldtimer vehicles. But if i remember correctly he uses DuPont 313 filler and is according to their specification sheet ok to use on bare metal, since it contins zink.

But i will check with him, same guy also did the roof.

Btw. could you modify rev counter and speedomete to 9 or 10k Rpm scale and also do a AMG (old logo) speedometer?

The quest for loosing weight goes on, im really curious what the final weight will be, my curb weight when i got it it was 1450 including a 75 kg driver, all fluids. That was with a sunroof, ac, electric seats, automatic. With carbon fibre bonnet, boot and rear wing and all the parts that have been removed, somewhere around 1150 would be possible?

We are now replacing the complete AC fan against a non AC version including the the front panel with knobs and switches.

Taking the dash out was quite easy, about 20 minutes, not having the windscreen in place probably made it a lot easier.

Since the dash is out, we will try to remove as much of the wiring that's not being used anymore. And also try to figure out why the instruments are going bananas all the time, bad ground perhaps?

Since johan bought a wrecked 2.5-16v i will use the fan parts from that car. So i have already collected all the parts needed for the conversion. If someones interested in the old parts, it for sale, including the pump etc.

Didn't have the time to install the fan package today. But at least the dash is out:

Impressed that MB decided to clear coat the piece that in front of the dash, and we didnt find any rust either.
Bild

Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Bilder: 0
Autos: 2.5-16v Evo 1 Umbau, CLK 230 Kompressor

Beitragvon shaq » 28. Okt 2012, 22:40

Hi Mikael, I know lot about paint and oldtimer conservation and never have heard of Polyester Putty containing zinc, however if such thing exists it won´t help stop rust as zinc is in Putty and not on the metal, when I look at pictures it looks to me 99% as normal universal Putty by colour.

Best is to use some 2k epoxy (I use PPG DP40 costs cca 60 euro for set 1+1 Liter) direct on bare metal and in first 15 minutes after blasting/sanding to stop air-rust (flügrost in german) that is what also Mercedes-Benz recommends in their repair guides and while 2k epoxy wont let ever any water pass down to metal and conserves it hermetically however wear protective clothing and mask as is it is some of most poisonous products for humans out there causing leukemia etc so never spray it unprotected! After it has dried one can put Putty over it or even better some HS filler in few dick full hands.

I never finished 9000 rpm project hope to do it in following months, I am able to do it but time was the problem but I will definitely finish it this time :@s

shaq
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

"Mit dem Evolutions-Mercedes kann man so spät bremsen, da würde Ich mit meinem 2.3er schon langst im Wald liegen"
Ein DTM Fahrer nach erste Rennen mit dem EVO1
shaq

Autos: ...
190 8v: 2.0 Signalrot/Sonnenbeige Final Edition 1990
190E 8v: 1.8 Avantgarde Rosso und 2.3 DTM '92
190E 2.3 16v ECE x 2 1985
190E 2.5 16 Flachschieber EFI
190E 2.5 16 Mosselman Turbo EFI
190E Evo1 Projekt Rennkarosse

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 29. Okt 2012, 09:52

Thanks for the info, i'll speak with him before i send it off for painting. Im pretty sure he knows what he's doing since he works at Peugeot Repair and accident centre, he might have used some kind wash primer on the bare metal first. Or he used filler first and then sanded it down.

But again i'll talk to him and ask him.

Would be great if you could do the 9k rev counter
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 4. Nov 2012, 15:36

Hade some time today to remove the last parts from the AC system. Saved another 3.5kg.

Here are the AC and standard parts

The lower left part seems to be the same for both AC and non AC car. Its the front part that is different. The complete front heater case is about 3.5kg ligher then the AC parts. When you add all the other parts for the AC i would say the the total weight saving is around 10kg

I have all the standar parts, but i need to order a lever for the heater case since it was broken
Bild

Front case, 3.5 kg, standard around 300g. Less fan motor.
Bild

The lower cut out is for the AC unit, i need to cover this up
Bild

So we draw a template on a piece of cardboard, next step is cut it out from plastic
Bild

Finally found this one in the fan, parking ticket from Busdorf, 1998. Busdorf is about 200km from where the old lady lived
Bild

Som going to order a few parts tomorrow, then i can hopefully put it back together next weekend
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon w201034 » 6. Nov 2012, 01:30

I can check in our forum. Or else you should try there yourself :)
Arnt Stuestøl
w201034
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Autos: 190 in 585
190E in 803
190E 2.3-16 in 702
190E 2.5-16 Evolution x 2
AMG 190E 3.2 x 3
190D 2.5 TURBO

Beitragvon Henger » 6. Nov 2012, 01:59

Hallo Mikael,

das Parkticket von 1998 in Busdorf ist doch ein super Zeitzeuge,
das würde ich bei den Fahrzeugunterlagen als Dokument aufbewahren :@g
Ansonsten gute Arbeit :super , bin schon sehr auf das 16V Endprodukt aus Schweden gespannt.

Netten Gruß

Fränk
Bild

Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 11. Nov 2012, 17:02

Yes, very funny to find that parking ticket, i will keep along with the documents for the car. Hope to be ready for HH 2013!

The "Leichtbau" concept moves forward, i have today put the standard heater system back in agin, but of course some parts are missing so i could not finish it this weekend either :|

I also removed the headlight height adjuster and replaced the electrical window lifters with manual ones

First up, pre-facelift light switch panel. This early version has the 1-2-3-4-5 markings on the switch, whereas the later models have these markings printed on the panel. So i ordered a pre-facelift panel and a blanking plate.

Here are the parts:
Bild

This is the final result, weight saved? Perhaps 100g, so pretty pointless from that perspective. But i only want the bare minimum, in a true Clubsport fashion.
Bild

Next up was replacing the electrical window lifters with manual ones. Since my car had electrical seats i could not use my old doorcards. But i found an extra set from 2.5-16v donor car. So I removed the doorcards together with the manual lifters.

Total weight saved, about 1kg... Still again more of a OEM CS look with manual.

Old and new door panel,
Bild

Bild

Next we put the dash back in, but I need a clip for the wires that got lost, and i also missing the panel for the heater adjuster.

Since i only have the hazard switch left in the gearshifter surround, i will source a pre-facelist switch and put it in one of the empty slots on the dash instead. I can then make a new surround without any holes and perhaps in a more exotic material

Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 12. Nov 2012, 14:24

Sometimes you get lucky. Worked from home today and since the weather is great here in Gothenburg i decided to take a trip to the local scrapper.

And there it was, a non sunroof Sportline. Picked up the toolbox and removed the missing parts for the headliner and i also knicked a pre-facelift hazard switch. In total i spent €2 for the lot. Well worht it.

A rather sorry looking 190 Sportline, interior was gone but the front door panels were still there but not worth saving.
Bild

Here are the parts that no longer is available from Mercedes
Bild

Also found a Volvo 121 (calledAmazon in Sweden) in same color as the one dad had in the 60s

Bild[/img]
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 12. Nov 2012, 14:44

Dem Tüchtigen gehört die Welt, schön dass du die Teile endlich gefunden hast :super :thumbright:

Gruß Fränk
Bild

Bild

Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 18. Nov 2012, 18:54

Yes felt really good getting the missing parts!

Today i installed the brand new headliner. But im sticking with grey

Bild

Im also selling our w123, 150 000km, good condition, with just a few rusty spots. If someones interested let me know. Asking €2000

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 11. Dez 2012, 10:58

Finally i could today pick up my carbon fibre parts. Will post better pictures this weekend, but here is a small preview of the bonnet, boot lid and Evo 1 spoiler.

Bild

Bild

Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 11. Dez 2012, 14:10

Wow :mrgreen:
Das Material sieht toll aus Mikael...das sind die richtigen Weihnachtsgeschenke :thumbright:

Gruß nach Schweden

Fränk
Bild

Bild

Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Fred-Exige » 15. Dez 2012, 16:32

:shock: :thumbright: :thumbright:
Fred-Exige
40 Ventiler
40 Ventiler

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 15. Feb 2013, 22:11

As you might now i was not satisified with the quality of the Evo 1 kit that i bought from Estonia. Fitment was very poor. And when i took some measurements of my kit and compared it to an original car. It turned out the all arches were to wide. There the fitment was horrible.

I decided to buy a new kit from Stadler. Much better and the the parts are not as wide. The parts were more expensive, but i wish i had bought them from the start

Took some comparison pictures of the old and new kit:

New rear arch, about 20mm from the body to the edge
Bild

Old rear arch, note the difference. About 6mm wider
Bild

New front arch, about 19mm from body to edge
Bild

old front arch, about 24mm from body to edge
Bild

New front splitter fits perfectly around the middle
Bild

Old front splitter, notice the gap at the middle of the bumper
Bild

Underside of the front splitter. We can clearly see the difference. The right one is the new part and has much more visible outtakes for the clips
Bild

Old part. Notice the huge gap between the part on the door and the rear arch
Bild

New part, much better. But you might notice the gap on the door piece. It's due to its only being fastend with tape and it fell loose. Will make a better picture tomorrow
Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon shaq » 16. Feb 2013, 12:14

Hi Mikael,

Unterschied wie Tag und Nacht. Freue mich sehr das Du hast deine Evo Umbau noch besser gemacht!

(Mir gefällt deine Umbau schon aus dem Vorstellung sehr gut, hatte keine Ahnung das Satz doch problematisch wäre, hier in Forum war immer Lob geschreibt über Estonia-Kit das Edelstahlgewinde drinn hat usw...)

Stadler hat liebe zum Detail, habe zuhause gespeichert EVO2 Umbau Bildergalerie das Stadler gemacht hat vor paar Jahre (basis 190e 2.0) mit viele Bilder man kann eindeutlich sehen streben nach perfektionismus.

Hast Du weitere Infos, evo Kit aus englische eBay kommt auch aus Estonia?

MfG
Bild

Bild

"Mit dem Evolutions-Mercedes kann man so spät bremsen, da würde Ich mit meinem 2.3er schon langst im Wald liegen"
Ein DTM Fahrer nach erste Rennen mit dem EVO1
shaq

Autos: ...
190 8v: 2.0 Signalrot/Sonnenbeige Final Edition 1990
190E 8v: 1.8 Avantgarde Rosso und 2.3 DTM '92
190E 2.3 16v ECE x 2 1985
190E 2.5 16 Flachschieber EFI
190E 2.5 16 Mosselman Turbo EFI
190E Evo1 Projekt Rennkarosse

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 16. Feb 2013, 18:32

Hi, yes there is big difference between the parts. I think the problem is that most of the Evo 1 kits on the market are copies of copies. Thorsten parts are copies of the original part. When people or companies makes copies of the copies they wont fit very good.

I dont think the kits comes from Estonia, but by looking at them i would say they are copies of copies and not of the original parts. Therefore they loose the detail and, they are also often much thicker.

Anyway i continued with the bonnet today. The top skin is carbon fibre, but i also ask the manufacturer to do the inside as well. But due to the complexity this was was made in GRP instead of carbon fibre.

Threads for the bonnet latch has alos been integrated so the the locking mechanism can be integrated.

However when i first asked the manufacturer to do the bonnet for me, i had the intention of building a DTM replica. Therefore it used slits to fasten the bonnet at the rear instead of the latches.

SInce then i have changed my plans and therefore we will use the latches again. Which meant we hade to cut the brackets from the original bonnet and bolt the to the the inside of the carbon bonnet.

here you can see the latch bolted to the bonnet, just like the original.

Bild

To be able to the use the original latches at the rear. We used pop nuts so we could bolt the outer bracket from the original bonnet to the new
Bild

This is the bracket that is spot welded on the the original bonnet. We drilled the spots weld out and then we could bolt it to the new carbon bonnet using M6 pop-nuts
Bild

This how the AMG bonnets were fastend. A pin was bolted to the inside of the fender and then the bolted was fastened by pushing in place
Bild

Here are few pictures from my friend Erics and Henriks DTM cars

Same design as on my bonnet, looks a bit different. But it works the same way
Bild

Here is the same bonnet.
Bild

The arrow shows where the bolt that goes into the slit of the bonnet
Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon marceldeijkers » 17. Feb 2013, 01:49

Looks good what you do to the car! Got some pictures of the painted damage?
Stoppuhr, laptimer stopwatch ? Ich machen das fur ihne! http://www.marceldeijkers.nl
Aussentemperatureanzeige ATA kaput? Ich kann er machen!: Mercedes ATA reparatur
marceldeijkers
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 2. Mär 2013, 21:03

For extra security we decided also to install Aerocatch bonnet pins.

Johan helped me out since i had to help my father with moving furnitures. Thanks Johan.

Taped and the drawing out the shape of the aerocatch
Bild

Templates are included in the kit. Ready for drilling
Bild

A hole saw was used in each end to get a good round shape
Bild

Hole drilled in each end of the template
Bild

All done
Bild

Test fit, looks good
Bild

Bonnet pin installed. all done
Bild

Next week i will try to install the fasteneres for the boot. Same type as used on the AMG DTM cars from 89-90. And also install the Evo 1 carbon fibre wing. Then im almost ready for painting. Hockehenheim revival meeting is getting closer.
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 2. Mär 2013, 22:15

Gute Arbeit und toll dokumentiert :danke
Ich lese sehr gerne in diesem Auf/Umbau-Thread aus Schweden.
Weiter so, Hockenheim rückt immer näher :pferd

Gruß Fränk
Bild

Bild

Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon JM Motorsport » 3. Mär 2013, 20:15

Thank you. Im working as fast as i can :-D

We spent some time today to fix some further things before we can send it off to the paintshop.

We started to measure where to drill the holes for the carbon fibre rear wing.

Bild

In place, we will keep the rear wing in carbon but paint bonnet and boot. Only three bolts to secure the flap
Bild

Bild

Next out was the fasteners for the boot. We will not use the original locking mechanism. But we have found the correct parts used on 89-90 DTM cars that was built by AMG. Snobeck and MS-Racing used a different version. But we decided to use the same as AMG used. You will find out later... :wink:

Here is the AMG-type. The larget part is bolted on the outside of the boot and secured with the aluminum nut. The smaller part is then bolted to the inside of the boot. And a bronze pin is the inserted into the hole to lock it

Bild

Here is the pin used for securing the boot. Its inserted in the hole. The small balls at the end of the pin holds the pin in place. depress the top of the pin to remove the pin.
Bild

On a Berlin 2000 show car (Ex 89 Evo 1/Evo 2)
Bild

On the ex Kreutzpointner '90 Evo 1 (Evo2)
Bild

89 Evo 1 Köpi
Bild

Top in place
Bild

Bild

On the inside the smaller piece has been bolted through the body
Bild
Gruß
- Mikael Lindqvist

Bild
JM Motorsport