K-jetronic systems.A little more in depth.LARGE!

Schrauben, How-to's, Tips, Daten

Moderator: Moderator

K-jetronic systems.A little more in depth.LARGE!

Beitragvon Racing » 12. Okt 2005, 01:56

As i know that..this stuff is more or less black art to most people..
I´ll try n explain the basis of the K/KE-jet(as they´re based on the same principle)to let you all in what goes where and why...

First of all.
NO engine in the world..can stand on its own without spark,so..before TOUCHING ANYTHING fuel...ALWAYS check tune of spark first.

That said..

The "K" series injections are really mechanical by design.
Even so the KE units in our 16 valve cars.

Fuel gets injected over mechanically controlled injectors.However,the injectors per se does NOT control the amount of
fuel delivered as its modern day era electronically controlled counterpart.
THe K series injector basically controls spray pattern,and that´s it.
Within the injector there is sort of a pressure valve that keeps fuel from going the wrong way.
The control pressure normaly hoovers around 3bar+ mark.

Fuel gets drawn from the fuel tank of the car.
Either,by a prepump within the tank,or by simple means of gravity.
No matter how,the fuel is fed to the main pump.The main pumps of K series injections are normaly referenced at 5 bars of pressure,
and what´s more it is one of the more powerful pumps of the injection era to this day.
The K series pumps used on our cars will suffice for a stand alone EFI system that is normaly referenced at or around 3 bars
to in excess of 500 horsepower on the 10mm fuel lines in the car-just to give you an idea.
In close proximity of the pump there´s an accumulator.
This accumulators purpose is simply to even out the pressure pulses induced to the pressure side of the system by the pump.
Accumulators are normaly an item that either works or they don´t.
The accumulator per se is simply a spring(pressure)loaded chamber that has a rubber diaphragm as a separator,and when the accumulator
is at fault...one will notice it leaking.Fuel..so be aware.
Thereafter the fuel reaches an ample filter.
Filter is speced in microns,and the K system unit i´d go on record and say is even more delicate than its current crop electric
counterpart.
Reason..is that the orifices found within the K series injections are VERY acute and fairly small(On some models down to 16/100mm)

After the filter,the fuel is shoved towards the main metering unit.
It reaches the metering unit-which on the 16V by definition is the aluminium part ontop of the main metering housing.
The one that sports in our case 4 steel hardlines running from it to each injector.

The metering units main parts are;
Lower housing.

Bild

Upper housing.

Bild

Plunch and metering cylinder.

Bild

Bild

Also found within the housing parameters are the system fuel pressure valve,and inside the lower housing part load setting valves.
The fuel reaches the lower housing first.
Via a set of drillings between the chambers,each and every "channel" is reached by fuel-that eventually reaches each and every injector.
That means..that the fuel for respective cylinder is divided already at this stage.

The fuel rushes onwards(towards the center of the unit) to reach the metering cylinder.
THIS...THIS...is where the K series injections are known to be of extreme accuracy.
The metering cylinder openings are cut to minute tolerances on an electronic bridgeport for the lack of better description.
For those of you that are engineers..you know what this means,and the so called Ra..is down to extreme decimals.
Reason..is really calibration.
Each and every opening has the form of an elongated slot.See picture
And as the plunch within the metering cylinder moves up and down per movement of the fabled "flap" in the intake system,more or less
of each elongated slot will be free of obstruction for the fuel to pass.See picture.

That means..that the higher the "flap" in the intake by mechanical control lifts the plunch,the more fuel mass can trickle through
each slot for each cylinder-rendering more fuel towards the injectors.
As genius as it´s simple..
This ALSO means...that the amount of fuel that reaches the injectors are met here.Right at the metering cylinder.More..on this later tho..

Here...the saga could really have been to an end weren´t it for the mere fact of that an engines vaccum(sub atmosphere really)
fluctuates to say the least.(It pulses)
That would mean...
That the pressure excerted on the "flap" in the intake tract that really controls it all by a mechanical arm...
would start to swerge by its own motion,and the more it would-the more such movement it would induce.

Ergo.
We need some way to control the PLUNCH movement.
Enter...counterpressure.
By excerting counterpressure ONTOP of the plunch..we can keep the plunch from letting the pressure from the "flap" make it jump all over
the place.
The device...is to the english speaking crowd know as an EHA(Electro hydraulic activator) for the KE guys and a WUR
(varm up regulator) for the K guys.
They both..basically do the same thing.
By simple means of electronics,or in the case of the K system a bimetallic spring,the counterpressure is varied dependant on primarily
temperature.

In the case of the KE units..the counterpressure is also dependant of load-amongst other things.(this is what all those sensors
try and keep track of)

That said..
From a practical standpoint?
What can,and from time to time NEEDS,to be adressed?

Well,most have at one time or another surely seen the CO adjustment.
The little 3mm allen(insex) that control where the plunger will be set to rest,and that as such controls the ENTIRE fuel amount
-or more to the point how much relative lift we´ll get out of the plunch in its cylinder.
Apart from that tho...what can be done?

The adjustment of counterpressure...;)
In the case of the KE units this is set at the little black "thingy" that´s on the drivers side of the main metering unit.
It´s easy to recognize as it has a 2 point electric connector leading to it.
The current over those two wires is what it controlled by all the other electronics and pickups all around the engine bay.

None the less...there is a static setting made to the EHA as well.
The EHA is fastened to the metering housing by two stainless torx headed bolts(Tx 25 or 30 if memory serves me)
When you unbolt the EHA and flip it over you´ll see a brass screw on its backside.
This,is simply a plug because underneath there´s the static set screw for the EHA.
That set screw..is individualy set to each EHA,and..the point is that altho sensitive..they´ve been set with enviromental control in mind
Ie;there´s power to be had by playing around with it a little.
NB!Be VERY anal about using a screwdriver that really FITS in the screws slot.The screw is made out of brass,and easily distorts
if the wrong size is used.NB!

Set screw is a 2mm allen(insex)

Any and all FIRST adjustment is done by turning the screw CLOCKWISE as this will REDUCE counterpressure.
1/4 of a turn is plenty.
NB!!!After each and EVERY adjustment of the EHA the basis CO setting HAS to be reset.NB!
Per OEM Mercedes specs..shoot for the 1% CO level-or at least thereabouts.

What will this induce behaviourwise on the engine then?
Mainly the reduced counterpressure will let the engine to a more heavy duty acceleration enrichment,and hand on heart..
What is it these cars REALLY lacks in comparison with a modern day era engine? ;)
It is my findings tho that you seldom need to turn the setscrew in by more than half a turn on ANY engine.

Alright.
That little trick right there might be all good and well,but what if you need fuel for a hotrodded engine?
Well..basically you need to
1/Crank the system pressure up.
You do this by shimming the pressure valve within the lower part of the metering housing.See picture.
The OEM recomendation is for approx 5,5 bar.
The truth is that a KE-jet with a couple a yrs of use ALWAYS respond well to even higher system pressures.
Main reason is that it´ll clean up the spray pattern at the same time as delivering more fuel.
In other words..don´t be afraid to increase system pressure in excess of 6 bar even on a stocker.
I´ve more often than not..touched down around 6-6,5 bars to get older systems to work as intended.

System pressure valve;

Bild

2/The lesser the counterpressure(again play around with the EHA-but to a larger degree),the more the fuel-TO A CERTAIN LIMIT!
Sooner or later..you´ll hit the wall for how much fuel those slots in the cylinder can pass(Slots btw are either 16/100 of a
mm wide for the 1600cc era engines,and 2/10s of a mm for the 2-2,5 liter ones.
This "wall" is normally seen at or around the 230-235hp mark for the "large" K series metering cylinders.

In other words,the metering cylinder needs to be adressed.
There ARE those -apart from Bosch gmbh-that claims to have had success at modifying the cylinder slots.I am sure as hell
not one of them.
I for one have run slots that look like damn mushrooms back when the K series where the only thing we had to work with.(Turbo cars)
We got them to deliver power alright,but the problem was that we could NEVER get the counterpressure to balance to an extent
that we by todays standards would view it as tolerable.In other words it was OUR findings that modifications like that made
the car more or less undriveable.
In other words..the housing per se can deliver the air alright..but..if you´re into tuning per the stock idea i´d use an ad on controller
a´la the old microdynamics PIC 5 or similar for the needed extra fuel.

Heavily modified K-jet housing for turbo Porsche,to flow more air as it was indeed needed.

Bild

Alright.
On to what might be of much use for the average Joe whos KE unit has broken down then.
What are the things to check?
Problem;

1/No matter WHAT you need to do..you HAVE to have some sort of digital multimeter around(DMM).
Without it...any further fault diagnosis is pointless.
If fuel economy is out the door...start by checking the resistance values of the temp sensor.
This if found at the front of the engine in the thermostat housing.
It is normally green to the colour,and has TWO connection towers.
Values..can easily be looked up in any manual.
2/AFTER having checked that,check and adjust CO level per specs against a CO machine.
3/If that doesn´t help-check the EHA for correct resistance.
If not..you need a new unit,and what´s more..sorry guys-but it´s 16V specific.
In other words..you´re out some serious cash.

Problem;
Hesitation.
The engine..will not take the gas when you use the throttle.
K.
First thing-again-is to check the CTS(coolant temperature sensor)
If that checks out,the next thing is a little more involved.
On the opposing side of the EHA on the metering hosuing there´s a rectangular little black plastic thingy.
This..is the airflow mass meter.
Its innards are basically a mechanicaly-by an arm-variable resistor.
What one does..is to flip the lid of the connector open(this takes a little patience and some SMALL tools),
to be able to measure the output voltage.
THere are three poles.
One..is the drive voltage
One is ground.
..and the last one is output voltage for the EHA control unit by the battery.
Dismantle the airfilter box.
Turn the ignition on.
Measure the output voltage with the engine TURNED OFF.
By spec you´re to depress the flap until the upper surface of it is in line with the lowest part of the air cone
on the housing.
If memory serves me there+s supposed to be something like 0,6 volts at that stage.
SLOWLY depress the flap with your hand.
If you at ANY stage see the voltage disappear or drop...that there sensor is kaputt.
A..replacement is in order,and again...hard cash..

I guess you by now see where i´m going with all of this..
A KE-jet unit that is giving you trouble can easily put you in the poor house.
So..if and when it starts to give you REAL trouble..just give the idea of an aftermarket stand alone
injection system some thought at least..
What´s worse..is that even if you DO invest hard earned cash into the KE jet..it´ll sooner or later kick right
back at you again..
An EFI..can easily be remedied by the mere use of your own lap top..over and over..

Likewise you will NEVER get a KE or K jet to have the amount of adjustment points an EFI has.
Not in a million years.

That said..
If..you happen to be amongst those that need help-apart from understanding what i´ve written above..
Let me know.
However..seing that YOUR KE-jet system by now is reaching at LEAST 15 yrs of age..don´t be surprised if
i sound a little like..."just toss it out of there and install an EFI already" kind a guy ;)

Jesper
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon carbon » 12. Okt 2005, 02:08

holy moly. and now i have to translate...Bild ?
gotta go Bild
Suche:
EVO1
Memory Sitze mit Spannungscodierung
SatzEVO2 Felgen
carbon
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Racing » 12. Okt 2005, 02:11

Nah...patience by friend..patience..;)
There´s a time and a place for everything..
I know it´s more or less a damn book,just that..
I viewed it as better in english..than not at all.
So much has been written about the einspritzung of our cars..and more than half of it is pure BS.
So..i took it upon myself to write down what i KNOW to be true from hands on experience.
If need be to have it translated..that could always be handled when the time comes.
Just hope..none takes offense it being in english for the time being-cause..BTDT :D

Cheers man.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Chris Martens » 12. Okt 2005, 09:25

moin,

es gibt diverse Berichte darüber, daß die KE Schrott sei und es nicht lohnt, sie instand zu setzten. Es sei viel billiger und einfacher, sei durch eine elektronische Einspritzung aka EFI zu ersetzen.

Diese Ansichten kommen daher, daß nur wenige Fehlfunktionen zu einem schlechten Verhalten der KE führen können und es oft mühsam ist, den Schuldigen zu finden. Wenige Werkstätten haben die Erfahrung und die Ausdauer, KE-Probleme wirklich zu ananlysieren und kostengünstig zu beheben. Hat man sich in der "Fachwerkstatt" erstmal einen neuen Luftmengenmesser, einen Kraftstoffmengenteiler, vier bis acht Einspritzdüsen und eine neue Lambdasonde einbauen lassen, ohne daß es Verbesserungen gab, ist man oft zu frustriert, um der Mistkarre noch mehr Geld hinterherzuwerfen. Also wird der Wagen verkauft, weil die KE angeblich nicht zu reparieren sei.

In Ländern, in denen man die Einspritzung verändern darf, wird oft auf EFI umgebaut. Es gibt ein sehr ambitioniertes Selbstbauprojekt namens MegaSquirt, daß es jedem Schrauber erlaubt, Zündung und Einspritzung voll-elektronisch zu steuern und komplett selbst zu manipulieren.

Zwei Probleme zeigen sich hier:

1. die wenigsten Schrauber verfügen über die nötigen Meßgeräte wie Zündzeitpunktpistole und einen ordentlichen Abgasanalysator, um ein Zündungs / Einspritzungssystem überhaupt richtig einzustellen und abzugleichen.

Weiterhin gibt es bei den modernen Anlagen (z.B. MegaSquirt) einfach zu viele Freiheitsgrade beim Einstellen, so daß der Schrauber gar nicht weiß, wo er anfangen soll. Es gibt keine verläßlichen Vorgaben für Zündzeitpunkt und Kraftstoffmengen in Abhängigkeit von den verschiedenen Last- und Drehzahlzuständen.

Zum Abstimmen so eines Systems benötigt man einen Motorenprüfstand und einen Motor zum Kaputtprobieren. Damit und nur damit kann man vernünftig die Kennfelder erstellen, um einen sicheren und optimierten Betrieb auf der Straße (oder der Rennstrecke) zu ermöglichen.

2. Ich bin mir ziemlich sicher, daß man solche Umbauten der Einspritzanlage in Deutschland nicht oder nur über sehr teure Abgasgutachten eingetragen bekommt. Der finanzielle Aufwand für die Legalisierung dieses Umbaues dürfte den Aufwand für die ordnungsgemäße Instandsetzung einer KE meist deutlich übersteigen.

Für Fahrzeuge ohne Katalysator (wie meines) mag so ein Umbau einfacher einzutragen sein, keine Ahnung.

Mr. Racing, gut geschrieben, vielen Dank.

bis denn,
Christian

1989 300TE
1984 2.3-16
Chris Martens
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 19
Autos: ja

Beitragvon Maki » 12. Okt 2005, 10:07

:shock:
Ok Jesper i see you have much time ;-) - just joking.
I'd like to thank you for sharing your infos abput the KE with us - but I'll see if i can get it translated by myself.If i manage it i'll paste it under your Posting for those who are not that good in English
Bye
Maki
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 0
Autos: Evo1

Beitragvon Racing » 12. Okt 2005, 12:07

Maki..it´s due to stress really 8)

Anyways.

Chris.
1/Yeah,i see your point.
What i´m trying to get across are a couple of things.
This is one of the areas where the internet can really shine.
Ie;sharing info as far as how to set the software for example the MS system up.
Over the yrs(first time out with an EFI was back in the mid 80s in my case.A POS Haltech F3 on an espirit we turboed)i´ve seen this "claim" being stated over and over.
Frankly...it has more to do with insecurity than anything practical.
Buuut...insecurity needs to be taken seriously as well as much everything else,so..sharing info for instance on a board like this is a major source of help in that respect.
With the assist of a community and HAND TOOLS this can really be pulled off.No two ways about it.
Take my friend/cust Johan and his 91 2.5 for instance.
Apart from helping him with the mod to the throttle housing..he indeed did the entire install himself while the car was in winter hybernation.
If viewed as a project..this indeed CAN be pulled off by the average hobbyist.

In my case i´m about to install a beta version of the spin off of the MS called the VEMS.I happen to know a couple of the imperative guys behind the VEMS(Jörgen Karlsson amongst others-who´s a brilliant designer of digital circuitry)and they´ve asked me to evaluate the VEMS as they know of me as a tuner.
VEMS however..is a little more involved than the MS-altho also much more competent.

2/Legislation.
Yeah.I hear ya.
Here..as far as i´m concerned it CAN become a matter of moral and ethics.
Reason is that a developed setup WILL run both cleaner and better than the OEM unit ever did,buutt...still might be illegal due to legislation.
I know about the "TUV",and...would they be a hinderance?
For the ones with a little more leeway as far as legalized go,let it be known that a well thought through install would be VERY hard for an official to detect.
Apart from the obvious with the injectors..what´s there to tell? :wink:

3/The inherent problem of the KE unit is also its greatest advantage.
It is mechanical by principle.
Anything mechanical WILL wear.
Simple fact.
..and seing the KEs age by now..it CAN turn damn expensive in a hurry.
But...granted..as the KE start to have the hickups it´s more often than not a matter of sensors that´s gone out the door...
Ie;That´s the reason as to why i state that to diagnose any KE unit you simply MUST have a DMM at hand.
Out of some reason..especially the temp sensors of these cars seems to let go.
That..coupled with the mere fact of these cars becoming of age-and the possibility that some "expert" layed their hands on the KE somewhere down the line.
I´ve seen examples..where the engine has been ausgetauscht and the connectors for the different sensors has been all over the place...and in the wrong place asf.
Likewise mercedes decided to alter the colours and layout of the wiring between different yr models..mine was like that for example..
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon NullPositiv » 12. Okt 2005, 14:34

meine ke probleme hab ich bis jetzt immer in den griff bekommen
Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild
NullPositiv

Bilder: 21

Beitragvon carbon » 12. Okt 2005, 15:21

du bist ja auch vom "ultra"-fach Bild
Suche:
EVO1
SatzEVO2 Felgen
carbon
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon carbon » 10. Jul 2006, 04:56

alter thread aber immer noch einsame spitze!!.. bisher nie lust gehabt das zu übersetzen :oops: ..

hier nochmal eine verständnis frage zur KE:

wie unterscheiden sich die einflussmöglichkeit der stauscheiben Co-Schraube von der Stellgliedschraube? beide beeinflussen doch das gemisch... als wo liegt dann der unterschied.. bzw. wie äußert sich das im motorlauf/leistung/ansprechverhalten?

die KE hab ich mittlerweile schon recht gut verstanden, so dass ich sicher in der lage wäre jeden müden motor wieder flott zu machen. so weit ich dass verstanden müssen Co-schraube und stellglied gut zusammen spielen.. so laufen einige 16V z.b im leerlauf "neutral" eingeregelt unter last plötzlich zu mager. hier hilft dann ein wenig am stellglied zu drehen.

fränk meinte mal dass das einen erheblichen einfluss auf die leistung zur folge hatte.. sicher auch auf den spritverbrauch :-) bei all der anfettung bleibt aber wieder eine frage: regelt die lambdasonde nicht dagegen und kompensiert einen teil der anfettung? gut.. bei vollgas hat sie auch keine einflussmöglichkeit mehr, das darf man auch nicht vergessen..

desweiteren wollte ich den punkt "kennfeld" nochmal ansprechen: die KE hat ja 7 "vorgefertigte" mappings welche man hinter der batterie über den abgleichstecker abrufen kann. gibt es irgendwo aufzeichnungen (neben den formulierungen im WIS) über tatsächliche kennfelddaten? diese wurden schließlich auf dem steuergerät hinterlegt um gewisse motorlaufschwierigkeiten auszugleichen.

diese 3 komponeten zusammen ergeben erhebliche einstellmöglichkeiten an der KE einspritzanlage. chiptuning wird hier doch völlig unnötig, wenn man einfach mit dem schraubendreher dran rumdrehen kann.. :-)

aber nun hat man bei unseren motoren sogar noch eine einstellmöglichkeit mehr: direkt am Zündschaltgerät kann man wiederum den zündzeitpunkt vorverlegen. in kombination mit einer anfettung dürfte dort demnach doch nochmals leistung rauszuholen sein? (besserer sprit vorrausgesetzt um klopfen vorzubeugen)
herr stadler meinte mal sie hätten es auf dem leistungsprüfstand ausprobiert (zündzeitpunkt vorverlegt) aber keine veränderung messen können!!

insgesamt sehr interessantes thema! würd mich über ein bisschen fachgesimpel mit euch freuen ;-)
Suche:
EVO1
SatzEVO2 Felgen
carbon
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Henger » 10. Jul 2006, 21:19

Hi Carboni,

kaum funktioniert deine KE endlich mal, schon möchtest du wieder dran Rumschrauben :lol: :lol:

Habe mich wegen verschiedener Probleme an meiner KE aktuel damit beschäftigt.

Zur minimalst Austattung sollte man über folgendes verfügen>>Bild Bild Bild

desweitern ein Elektro-Prüfgerät (Multimeter) und man sollte die Möglichkeit haben das Abgas messen zu können!

Das Tastverhältnis kann man einfach an Pin 3 der Dose mit dem Schlieswinkelmessgerät überprüfen und an der Stauscheibe mittels geeignetem Inbusschlüssel einstellen, dreht man nach Links wird das gemisch magerer, dreht man nach Rechts > fetter (bitte nur ganz sachte 1/8 umdrehungen oder so :) ), die Anzeige des Schlieswinkelmessgeräts sollte dabei um die 50 Pendeln +/- 10

Wenn die Anzeige nicht pendelt ist wahrscheinlich die Lamda-Sonde defekt, oder man hat eine RÜF Version (bei RÜF sollte die Anzeige ruhend auf 50 stehen, dann ist alles Ok), Stauscheibe ist vollkommen verstellt, oder aber die Nulllage der Stauscheibe stimmt nicht (kann aber eingestellt werden), auch bei verwendung der RÜF Abgleichstecker regelt die Sonde nicht mehr (habs ausprobiert :mrgreen: )........wahrscheinlich gibt es noch mehr Gründe, bin nicht der Spezialist, hab mich nur in Selbstversuchen geübt :wink:

Die Sache mit dem Anfetten am Elektrohydraulischen Stellglied.......ja das bringt was 8) 8) jedoch sollte man das Abgas dabei im Auge behalten :wink: :wink:
Einfach mal ne 1/4 Umdrehung machen im Uhrzeigersinn, hebt den Druck im Mengenteiler an, danach UNBEDINGT das Tastverhältnis neu einstellen,( stimmt dann sicher nicht mehr) hat den gleichen Effekt als ob man an der Stauscheibe nach rechts gedreht hat und dann an den Abgastester und CO messen sollte nicht bei 8 % liegt oder so im Stand>>> sonst definitiv zu fett.....muß man sich einfach die Arbeit machen und ein paar Versuche wagen :P

Wichtig :!: Immer die ursprüngliche Grundstellung des Stellgliedes im Auge behalten, damit man notfalls auf Nullstellung zurück kann :wink:

Ich werde mir einen alten CO Tester besorgen, wenn möglich auf 12Volt betrieb umrüsten und mir daraus ein Mobiles CO Messgerät machen, dann habe ich die Möglichkeit mein CO im Fahrbetrieb und bei Vollast zu messen um die angestrebten 4 % bei Vollast "ohne" Prüfstand einzustellen :D :D

Bin leider nicht der KE Profi, sind alles meine eigenen Erfahrungen die ich am Sammeln bin....also keine Gewähr auf diese meine Angaben :oops:
Mit entsprechendem Werkzeug wäre vieles einfacher...aber das hat man nicht immer so zur Hand :(

Gruß Fränk
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon carbon » 10. Jul 2006, 23:13

Henger hat geschrieben:kaum funktioniert deine KE endlich mal, schon möchtest du wieder dran Rumschrauben :lol: :lol:

na klar was meinste warum ich sie fit machen wollte :-)
nee jetzt mal im ernst: die KE tuning idee/interesse ist jetzt durch mein angesammeltes wissen über die KE entstanden, welches ich zwangsläuftig bei den ganzen reparaturen gelernt habe. wenn man den richtigen jungs über die schulter sieht.. kann man ne menge lernen :-)

wie man den krempel einstellt ist mir natürlich bekannt, schließwinkel tester habe ich heute einen eigenen erstanden, hatte mir bisher nur einen ausgeliehen gehabt. ja so ein CO-tester wäre optimal! ich denke die sind nur recht teuer.. naja mal sehen. bei ebay gibts doch tatsächlich noch schnäppchen: klick

racing hat eigentlich alles wunderbar beschrieben.. wie das alles funktioniert, mengenteiler, ober-, unter-kammerdruck usw.. das alles zu übersetzen würde tage dauern :(

nur einige fragen blieben dennoch, wie in meinem vorrangegangen post zu lesen. wer dazu was weis (scheinbar nicht allzu viele) der schreibe doch bitte was dazu 8)
Suche:
EVO1
SatzEVO2 Felgen
carbon
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Henger » 11. Jul 2006, 09:12

Moin :P

Leider ist es doch so, das wenn man auf alle 3 Komponenten (Stauscheibe, Elek.-Stellglied und Abgleichstecker) gleichzeitig einwirkt, gar nicht mehr weis was vorne und hinten ist :roll: :roll: alleine das anbringen der Abgleichstecker der RÜF -Version beim 2.5er bringt dein subjektives Erleben bei der Fahrprobe dermassen durcheinander daß du nicht mehr sagen kannst, ob der Wagen besser oder schlechter geht als zuvor!!

Ohne Prüfstand und entsprechende Messeinrichtungen geht da GAR NIX !!

Hier mal die Veränderungen des Abgleichsteckers:

das steht auf dem internen Schulungsblatt von MB:

Mit dem Kodierstecker kann eine gezielte Beeinflussung des Kennfeldes in bestimmten Betriebsbereichen vorgenommen werden. Dazu stehen 7 verschiedene Steckpositionen zur Verfügung, wobei Position 1 dem Originalzustand entspricht.
Sollte sich bei bestimmten Symptomen herausstellen, daß keine Fehlermöglichkeit nach Fehlersuchplan zutrifft, d.h. alle Prüfungen verlaufen ohne Beanstandungen, besteht in geringem Umfang die Möglichkeit einer Kennfeld-Beeinflussung durch Umstecken des im Bild gezeigten Kodiersteckers.
Steckposition 1 entspricht der Werk-Auslieferung.
Einfluß der weiteren Positionen siehe Tabelle.

Steckposition.......Verbesserung Funktion (x)

..........Nachstart-........Warmlauf-.....Beschleun.-....Kennfeld
.........anreicherung....anreicherung..anreicherung
1........... -....................... -................-.................-
2........... -........................-................-............ Abmagerung
3........... -........................-................-............ Anfettung
4............-........................x...............-.................-
5............-........................x...............x................-
6............-........................-................x............ Anfettung
7............-........................x...............x............. Anfettung

Laut dieser Tabelle macht sowieso nur Position 6 oder 7 Sinn!!
So und nu, mit einer Veränderung am Stellglied ist der Effekt wesentlich größer als mit einem Abgleich des Codiersteckers auf Stellung 7 !!
also :idea:

Heut abend mach ich weiter, hab leider keine Zeit mehr :roll: :lol:

Gruß Fränk
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Zurück zu Tuning