The Maki project

Schrauben, How-to's, Tips, Daten

Moderator: Moderator

Beitragvon Racing » 26. Mär 2007, 22:26

Maki, kein Bier mitbringen....das verzögert das Turbo -Projekt nur unötig , Bier für die Wikinger gibt es erst in Hockenheim

Frank.
I hope you understand that a comment like that will mandate that i kill you.Viking style :fecht
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 26. Mär 2007, 23:03

Ok Jesper, du hast mich überzeugt, bevor ich so aussehe Bild.

Maki bring Bier mit nach Schweden :P

Hier ein Bild von Maki, kurz vorm einchecken in den Flieger nach Göteborg (man beachte das enorme Handgepäck :shock: )

Bild

Gruß Fränk :mrgreen:
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon Nagilum » 27. Mär 2007, 01:04

Man beachte viel mehr, wo der Maki gerade seine rechte Hand hat.
Aber nun, man kann die arbeit halt nicht einfach ablegen und in den Urlaub fahren. :D

Gruß
- Nagi

PS: Jesper, that pictures kick ass! I'm really curious about (to see) it.
"Verbreitet ist die Bezeichnung Freund, doch selten ist die Treue."
- Phaedrus, Fabeln
Nagilum
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Autos: 190E 2.5-16

Beitragvon Racing » 27. Mär 2007, 09:00

Frank.
For the love of god.
There´s COCA COLA in that picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COCA FOCKING COLA!

Grown men do NOT live from that. :@s

As for turbos....oh..you´ll have your hands full at hockenheim my friend...rest assured..;)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Nagilum » 27. Mär 2007, 11:30

Wo the hell said, that YOU are grown man? :aetsch
- Phaedrus, Fabeln
Nagilum
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Racing » 28. Mär 2007, 08:04

Nagi my little zit.
Again.
BIG ASS gun...;)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 28. Mär 2007, 21:10

..and Maki´s on his way home again.
He at least shot a lot of pictures and even som short film clips.
Going to be cool to see what comes out of it.:)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Nagilum » 29. Mär 2007, 03:59

...and hear :D
- Phaedrus, Fabeln
Nagilum
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Racing » 29. Mär 2007, 22:25

Glad to tell you that the exhaust hedder is getting there.
Today i made a LOT of reinforcing welds to the basic piping.

I´m also going to make a new lower bracket for the alternator out of aluminium.Most of it is already done,so basicaly what´s left is the lineup of the parts and welding it together.
Placed the turbo and started cutting the last few pipes from the "hedder part" to the flange itself.

Speaking of nothing...DAYUM welded acid resistant stainless steel looks good and "racy" when you put the TIG to it.. ;)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 17. Apr 2007, 21:36

A few last pictures before delivery on saturday then..

Bild

Primary placement of wastegate.As can be seen i´ve made a heatshield out of aluminium sheet metal.This to alleviate the oilpressure hose as best i can from the heat from the exhaust system.Hose is for the main pressure SLS unit.

Bild

Just another angle to get an idea of how it sits and looks.

Bild

The Bosch LSU4 wideband lambda sensor i place just downstream of the turbine in the downpipe from the turbo.

When i started examining the exhaust on Maki´s car...althought stainless..it soon enough became evident that something else was in order.
Therefore i fabricated an entirely new one of more "right" proportions.What i ended up doing was more or less a full blown 3" race system.Have started her up on that,and now with only one muffler in the system,and the sound level-at least to me-turned out just fine.
A sort of...mellow,very dark note...in fact entire engine just sounds...for the lack of better words "tight".

Btw.All welds are seamwelded with a TIG/WIG welder-which basically makes for much cleaner welds due to much better control of the melt.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 17. Apr 2007, 22:13

Hi Jesper,

das alles sieht nach einer verdammt( sehr) guten Arbeit von dir aus :love10:

Alles wirkt profesionell verarbeitet, ich kann nur den Hut vor dir ziehen und mich für den Maki freuen :D

Ich bin sehr auf Makis Turbo EvoI made by Jesper Racing gespannt und freue mich ungemein auf Hockenheim :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Darauf müssen wir ein -zwei Bild trinken.

Viele Grüße nach Schweden.

Fränk
Bild

Bild

Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Evo-Levo » 17. Apr 2007, 22:52

O ja da kann ich den Fränk nur anschließen und freue mich ebenfalls drauf dein Baby zu liebäugeln :-) ;-)
Evo-Levo
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 18. Apr 2007, 07:36

Thanx Frank.
As basicaly details remain for a strong running car,i´ll sum the project up a little.

On Maki´s behalf i can appreciate what he´s done here.
He´s shipped his car 1100 km one way to someone he´s visited once to have it heavily modified as the first of you guys from germany.
Takes some balls...it really does.

To follow up on that decision i´ve tried to give Maki what he´s asked for.
Albeit..i for one can understand the "stage nerves" involved as delivery date is coming up-not that i´ve heard especially much of them though :wink: .
But Maki...Cudos for taking this step and going through with it.

Ergo..that set the parameters, why it has been important to me to deliver within time frame et al,and deliver something that´s thought through,and to the best of my capacity stand by the agreement of costs involved.

I know..that Maki´s had,and has showed,a lot of confidence in me.
A heartful thanx for that,and now i just hope that he finds that he´s going to bring back home what he asked me for.
A fun little car that runs like a bat out of hell-seing what it is.

What neither me or Maki took into account when we started this project out was the "little things".Things we didn´t think of at first,but for instance,it became quite evident that a car that´s been at a practical standstill for long...yeah well..the brakes WILL bind..which ALSO takes time to adhere to to make the car run again.
Likewise..at first we agreed on to reuse as much of the exhaust as we could,but seing what was there...it was a matter of more or less scrapping all of it and building up what was needed-and then with what´s coming in mind(more power down the line)-which also ads a number of days to build to fit.

All the little things... things that were missing.
A distributor gone astray here,various water pipes for the cooling system there,various bolts and washers..it all ads up and takes time to regain what´s needed- to make for a working car.
Stuff that put together has added up time needed to make this a complete car again.No ones fault in any way,just a matter of human behaviour i guess.

To me,as the builder,the challenge has been to follow up on Makis vision/idea.
That is,to make for a non obstrusive setup that "melts in" as best as i could.
Now,i´m sure there would/could be other ways of doing it than i have done,but it´s rarely that i step back and feel....for the lack of better words satisfied with the results-but this time i do.
That the car will run hard is clear.No sweat there,but the visual impact...and keeping it minimalistic..is harder than it sounds.
Especially so when working with metals and what have you.
(I´ve on accasion been asked to describe my occupation,and the best answer i´ve ever come up with is that it´s a violent art form really)

Then,on the other hand,a modified car never gets done..never..and one of the hardest things now is honestly to put the tools down.
To leave it be...NOT to dwell on details at end.

Come hockenheim it´s going to be interesting and fun to hear the others of you and your comments when you get to experience and view the car live,and i sincerly hope Maki will show the lot of you how it runs on WFO.

Having something exclusive is a lot about cherishing the craftsmanship involved-with all the pros and cons that come with it i guess.That´s something i´m confident in,because i´ve gotten to know Maki a little over the times he´s been to visit,and i KNOW that he takes great pride in the work i´ve put in for him.That feels VERY good to me as there´s a part of this that money can´t wage for you.A part of it that is there because i´ve gotten to know him and happen to like him.

Maki.
From me to you.
Thank you.
It´s been a pleasure.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 18. Apr 2007, 22:27

....and the saga continues(seems i can´t put the tools down after all huh :) )
Today i finaly figured the SLS conversion out i believe.
Simple and effective ;)

...and the overflow tank for the radiator....ended up next to the battery.

...and the compressor housing got its fair share as well.

The heatshield...REALLY looks "race" when everything was said and done...trust me on that :D

...DAYUM i long for saturday...cause Maki...i can´t wait to show you what it´s all about!!
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 18. Apr 2007, 23:23

Hi Jesper,

ja es gehört schon sehr viel vertrauen dazu seinen (geliebten ) Wagen fern ab der Heimat für ein solch eingreifendes Projekt in fremde Hände zu geben.

Auf der anderen Seite muß man aber auch sagen das man sich auf eine gewisse Art und Weise doch auch kennen gelernt hat 8) , wenn auch zumeist nur in schriftlicher Form über das Forum oder den Chat.

Ich glaube daran daß der Maki genau das Richtige getan hat wegen seines Turbo Projekts, er hat sich genau auf den richtigen Mann für diesen Umbau eingelassen....nämlich auf dich Jesper!!

Man kann mit ein klein wenig Menschenkenntnis und Verständnis aus wirklich vielen deiner Posts hier im Forum und anderstwo herauslesen daß du mit Herz und Seele diese Projekte lebst, diese Leidenschaft ist nicht selbstverständlich und eher selten anzutreffen.

Handwerkliches Können, Ideen, Mut und Leidenschaft waren schon immer ein Schlüssel zum Erfolg, ich bin froh um einen Mann wie dich der die 16V Szene nachhaltig bereichert und sich nicht zu schade dazu ist sein Wissen mit anderen zu teilen 8) :wink:

@ Maki

Ich bin sehr froh, daß du dieses Projekt doch noch durchgezogen hast alter Grieche :D , es gab Momente da hab ich schon fast nicht mehr an eine Umsetzung des Turbo Prjektes glauben wollen.........du wahrschenlich selbst nicht.

Nach all deinen Rück und Schicksalsschlägen der letzten Jahre, kann sowas nur noch gut tun, und man kann sagen "Ja ich habe es durchgezogen" und es ist doch nicht alles was ich Anfange Scheis.. :P

Hut ab vor dir Maki daß du auch in schweren Stunden gegen manchmal recht hartnäckige Wiedersacher die Kontenance gehalten hast.

Und ach ja, erinnerst du dich noch an die ausgiebige Probefahrt mit deinem Wägelchen die du mir vor nunmehr fast 2 Jahren zugesagt hast :wink:

Gruß an alle.

Fränk
Bild

Bild

Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Maki » 18. Apr 2007, 23:47

Henger hat geschrieben:Und ach ja, erinnerst du dich noch an die ausgiebige Probefahrt mit deinem Wägelchen die du mir vor nunmehr fast 2 Jahren zugesagt hast :wink:

Schade Frank das ist nun nach 2 Jahren verjährt :mrgreen:
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 0
Autos: Evo1

Beitragvon Nagilum » 18. Apr 2007, 23:53

Haaaa ha! :aua :aua :aua :aetsch
- Phaedrus, Fabeln
Nagilum
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Henger » 19. Apr 2007, 00:44

Maki hat geschrieben:
Henger hat geschrieben:Und ach ja, erinnerst du dich noch an die ausgiebige Probefahrt mit deinem Wägelchen die du mir vor nunmehr fast 2 Jahren zugesagt hast :wink:

Schade Frank das ist nun nach 2 Jahren verjährt :mrgreen:

Aber Maki,

das sind Ehrenschulden, die verjähren niemals, sowas vererbt sich sogar noch an deine Nachkommen :mrgreen: :popcorn

Gruß vom Turbo Fränk :wink:
Bild

Bild

Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Beitragvon Racing » 19. Apr 2007, 08:53

Thank you Frank.

Maki.
Weather is taking a turn for the worse.
None the less,come saturday we get to spend a couple of days teaching you about the setup and the power that comes with it as well as sorting the little things out.
IOW,a couple of very technical days-so clear your mind.

Had a sticker on one of my camaros at one time.
It sort of told the story.

-"Get in
Sit down
Shut up
..and HOLD ON!"- :)

One thing i´m going to enjoy is showing you how easy the system is to "map",but i guess we´ll spend most of the time checking the little car over for stuff that hasn´t been looked into during this rather long stand still.

One thing i got surprisingly satisfied with is actually the exhaust note!
Childish..i know..but it just came to sound as business as the install in itself looks.

Last night i did some last minute corrections to the compressor housing with the TIG welder as i didn´t care for the angles of it for example..:),and the worst part is that i still got stuff to finish!!
Like...the SLS tank.

...and Maki my friend.
Yup.
That avatarof your finaly speaks the truth.
Cause you know what....
Boost IS your buddy now :D
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 19. Apr 2007, 08:55

Btw.
Bring work clothes of some sorts,because if you think for a minute i´m going to let you off the hook with the practical stuff that remains..just forget it.;)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Tuning