And once again..it´s..

Schrauben, How-to's, Tips, Daten

Moderator: Moderator

Beitragvon Racing » 7. Okt 2006, 09:23

Nope.
I think you need to read and rethink what i wrote.

Of course i´m all game in as much that lighter reciprocating engine parts will induce performance.
But...
For a steady state power it will affect nothing.
Again..take a look at how more steady state racing motors-like for instance an off shore racing engine- is built.
Reciprocating mass isn´t within the equation even to the slightest amount from a relative standpoint-and why?
Because an off shore racing engine in constrast to a roadracing engine is built to live @WOT.Same deal more or less with a super speedway engine.
For once..we can actually learn something of the yanks :lol:

Reason that i feel-and rightfully so-that a street engine is to be built with fairly heavy-or even OEM-parts- is that the OEM parts are always over engineered as they´re desinged to take hundred of thousand of km.
Point here is that a street engine isn´t taken out of the car on a weekly or monthly basis.

As far as the flywheel being able to be ligtened..well naturally.
Reasons are that it doesn´t really affect the practical strenght of the engine innards per se(as long as the balance is compensated for-and most flywheels are what´s know as "zero" balanced just to be able to swap them around in case of needed service)
It indeed WILL affect the total power package(Ie;the car) as were it lighter.
The flywheel represents a rather large amount of recoprocating mass due to its diameter alone.Ie,the effects of any and all lightening will be fairly profound in comparsion with other ways of engine part lightening.

Have another thing in mind...true and total balance can NEVER be achieved with an inline four cylinder engine,and that translates into mass working against us at certain motor revolutions no matter what we do.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon BAEVO » 7. Okt 2006, 14:15

@ diogysios

dachte ich mir schon ;-)
Zuviel Technik zerstört das Fahrgefühl

Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild
BAEVO
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler