Film

Schrauben, How-to's, Tips, Daten

Moderator: Moderator

Film

Beitragvon Racing » 19. Jun 2006, 14:54

This....is the ol slo mercedes of mine against a souped up Mitsubishi EVO.(An old import rally car-as you can clearly see it´s an old australian one as the steering wheel is on the wrong side :wink: )
Anyways...the rally car is supposed to be a 500bhp POS of some sorts.

Also clearly seen is the traction probs i currently have,especially so in this flick when i get her in second gear.She wants to be all over the place at once :shock: 8)

http://www.mellander.org/per/cars/racing/racing.php

What i need you to do to download is to go to given URL and download to play in mediaplayer.

This...is at a mere 0,9 bar of boost..and resulted in a trap speed of 149km/h.With traction...that claimed 500 PS EVO would have been toast at the 60 meter mark..*ROTFLMFAO!*

Das.... ist mein alter lahmer mercedes gegen einen getunten Mitsubishi Evo.
(ein alter importierter rally wagen - wie ihr gut sehen könnt ist es eine australische version da das lenkrad auf der falschen seite ist :wink: )
egal..angeblich hat das rally auto so knapp 500PS.

man kann auch gut erkennen wie ich am start traktionsprobleme hab, besonders das ausbrechen beim hochschalten in den 2.gang. Sie will überall zur gleichen zeit sein :shock: 8)

http://www.mellander.org/per/cars/racing/racing.php

was ihr tun müsst ist, geht zum link.. und downloadet dann die file. könnt ihr dann im mediaplayer abspielen.

Das.. ist bei gerade mal 0.9bar ladedruck..und erbrachte eine endgeschwindigkeit von 149km/h. Wenn ich grip gehabt hätte hätt' ich den pseudo 500PS EVO nach 60metern platt gemacht..*ROTFLMFAO!*

translation by carboni
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 19. Jun 2006, 16:02

More i look at the clip...the car is TO silent....*mumbles and reaches for one of the race mufflers*

je mehr ich mir das video ansehe... das auto ist zuuu leise.... "murmel und nach rennauspuff greife"
translation by carboni
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Maki » 19. Jun 2006, 19:43

What i found very impressive is - although the Mitsubishi got a really good start( you can see that he is about 1 car in front at the beginning) you catched up really fast :shock: and passed him very easy!
Not bad i must say...and yes your car is too silent ;-)
Bye
Maki
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 0
Autos: Evo1

Beitragvon raa » 19. Jun 2006, 21:11

What kind of a Mitsubishi is that and how many HP or (PS) has it??? :wink:
BildСалам pyсакам Bild
raa
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon Maki » 19. Jun 2006, 22:44

Ist ein Mitsubishi Evo II .
Serienmässig hatten die 250PS. Soll aber laut Racing ein Ex-Rallye Wagen sein und um die 500PS haben.
Bye
Maki
Zuletzt geändert von Maki am 19. Jun 2006, 22:51, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon LUDE » 19. Jun 2006, 22:45

Hi Leute !
Bei mir funzt das Video nicht! Liegt das wieder am FireFox?
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Maki » 19. Jun 2006, 22:55

Hi Lude wenn du auf den Link klickst öffnet sich ein Fenster .
Dann gehst du auf Dieselmerca und speicherst per rechte Maustaste die Datei .Wenn du sie gedownloadet hast einfach per Doppelklick öffnen ;-)
Bye
Maki
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon LUDE » 19. Jun 2006, 23:01

Thank you very much Maki!
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Racing » 19. Jun 2006, 23:47

Thanx guys.
Maki.
U could say that i HIGHLY doubt those claimed 500... 8)
Point at hand is a close friend of mine runs a TRUE dynoed 526 in his EVO1..and he´s screwing up transmissions like they were going out of style.
None the less...
Those approx 150 km/h trap speeds i´m getting with the VERY limited traction i get(as can be seen-and have in mind i´ve been down the strip a time or two)indicates that with the given weight of my car it´s currently putting down something like 420-440 PS.

Admitedly that´s fair amount of power.
Point is..
We get that amount of power at what has to be considered fairly modest amounts of boost by today standards-and as far as i´m concerned that can be attributed to the 16V head.It flows like nothing i´ve seen.
Remember that about turbo sizing and flow i told you about?

But...
The really NICE thing is the still rather intact "around town" behaviour,and that i get 10.8km/liter as i use it for daily transport when i run around town to pick stuff up and so forth.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Maki » 20. Jun 2006, 09:07

Hi Jesper,
i also doubt that this Muitsubishi has 500HP ;-)
What would be interesting for me is the 1/4-Mile(with better traction ;-) ) -cause i'm more familiar with these :)
An other thing - will you dyno your car in the near future ? Would be intersting to see how much exactly the car is puts down!
Bye
Maki

btw. are you talking about an Mercedes Evo1 from your friend ?
Maki
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Beitragvon Racing » 21. Jun 2006, 14:38

Maki.
Better yet...
I´ve grown tired of all the A-holes that boost their dynos..and that can´t sort out engines if their lives depended on it.
So i´m currently talking with a guy that has one for sale.
The thing is that it´s a roller dyno.
On the other hand..
I´m an old scared dragracer..and dyno all you want.
There´s ONE thing that never lies.
A timeslip.
However...dyno numbers are all the rage these days,and seing that my customers come first...yeah well.

With traction,that there trip down the 8 mile is set up @ around 7,8-7,9@155km.Pure logic and common sense.
That equals somewhere around a mid 11 just short of 200 in the full lenght.
Just to give you an idea.(Turbo cars often get high trap speeds)

The thing to have in mind..is that that can be done in TRUE street trim.
Ie;with a car that´s fully driveable and has better mileage than a stocker around town.
Evolution of things means that the car per se will only turn faster over time.Believe it or not,but that´s just the way things are-at least in my case.One of the advantages of having this as a job i guess.

For instance.Swappped the POS generic 2,5" turbomuffler i had out back for a 3" flowmaster...and sure as hell power went up.
However the flowmaster isn´t the cure all,dpending on a lot of factors,and i´m going to install an Apple racing one instead.
Keeps the tone down while still flowing like a damn train.

...then there´s the matter of turning the boost up.
...and swapping the turbo for a ball bearing R series Garett GT40-purpose built.We´ll see...

Another thought i´ve got is to put another bottom end together that leaves me with no doubts what so ever-but that would be to stray from the original thought of the project-what can be done with the stuff that´s already there,to keep cost down.

Buuuuut...a sonic tested 2,3 block with one of the Bofors cranks and some old Nascar conrods(145mm c/c and Honda bearing dimensions=mercedes 16V) and some purpose built Mahle slugs sure as hell would be nive for an engine built to take 2 bar+ from an HX55(or larger) sized snail.
That...would put us on the other side of the 1000 mark.
But...time will tell.
This little project of mine(ours) sure as hell has had us amazed.That much is for sure.Cause NONE of us could even fathom the power hidden within the 16V.It indeed is a fantastic little engine....the engine that could.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon raa » 25. Jun 2006, 12:15

Hi Racing, what about this race with this car BildClick here to see Video

this is a really challenge for you :D :D :D :D or this monster BildClick here to see Video
BildСалам pyсакам Bild
raa
hyper-ventilator
hyper-ventilator

Bilder: 2

Beitragvon Racing » 25. Jun 2006, 15:30

Bild

This...
Has performed this;

Bild

...so i highly doubt it :wink:

When in a gun fight...have a gun :shock: :D