More stuff....

Schrauben, How-to's, Tips, Daten

Moderator: Moderator

More stuff....

Beitragvon Racing » 18. Jan 2007, 22:45

Bild

Bild

Enough of broken driveshafts already!!!
These are new busnings for the rear subframe i made out of Delrin plastic.
About as solid as aluminium,but within reason sans the noise.And they go...

Bild

...here.
Point is that the 20mm dowel in the chassis registers the bushing.
Ergo sum...it´s all a matter pf pressing the bushing in place and pulling the whole thing tight with the subframe bolts.

Bild

Enough of slipping clutches as well.
Say hello to Mr Sachs 2 disc full aluminium sinter...good for inxs of 900Nm..
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 19. Jan 2007, 20:31

...and just because we can...and because i´ve burned three alternators due to the revs i shift at...
This is the new crankshaft pulley made out of hard anodized aluminium.
Approx 25% less circumferance.

Can basically be made in any diameter or colour for the one that wants something more....stylish 8)
Bild
Bild
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon db16v » 20. Jan 2007, 10:13

Hübsch.
Aber die Hinterachslager sind doch bestimmt zu hart für den "normale"
Gebrauch auf der straße oder???
Denke das das ganz schön auf die Karosserie geht. :roll:

MFG Thomas
Mitglied im 190E-16V Club e.V.
Bild

Team-Moderation des w201-16v.de Forum
Bild

Mein 2,5-16 Pick up
Projekt Rennwagen
db16v

Bilder: 9
Autos: 190E Rundstrecke, 300E Pick Up, S203 C30, 2,5-16

Beitragvon Racing » 20. Jan 2007, 11:32

I don´t think so.

I´ll try and explain why.

What we do is to change the front hinterachslager for the plastic ones as these are highly loaded.
Have in mind that the idea is to;
1/Stop wheelhop with high horsepower engines to save driveshafts that otherwise WILL break
2/To get the rear end to track better than stock(there IS flex in there),and this can be VERY clearly felt that the rear end HAS been when the new bushings are in.
3/As you state...what about rear end tear and wear?
Well...out of that reason we ONLY change the front ones to leave the hinterachse a bit of leeway and soft spot for it to move around a LITTLE...and to leave all the vibrations of a rear end and so forth somewhere to go..
4/That´s also the main reason for making these out of plastic instead of for instance aluminium.The "cells" of plastic will to a MUCH greater extent stop vibrations and sound than the aluminium.What MIGHT concern me is vibrations-as metal doesnt take kindly to it.By using Delrin plastic we´ve done what we can from that respect without redesigning the entire rear end.

At this point i can only tell you that the rear end bushings have the effect we were after-and then some-because the difference in the behaviour of the car is like night and day!!!!!!
To a point where at least i believe that this is a modification that EVERY 16V should have done if anything but "original" is on the culprit.
Bushing are easy enough to make,easy enough to install...and makes for such a dramatic improvement in behviour it isnt even funny.
Zuletzt geändert von Racing am 20. Jan 2007, 11:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 20. Jan 2007, 11:37

As far as "comfort".
Main culprit with stuff like this is normaly actually sound.Ie;road noise asf gets transmitted into the chassis.
Of course the noise level goes up with these bushings,but a fair guess would be along the lines of something like maybe 10-15%.
IOW..nothing to phone home about and most definately liveable-even for a car used for daily transport.

The ride of the car per se isn´t really affected at all,just how it tracks,and the difference in how it tracks is what makes for the vast improvement in behaviour.

Altho hard to describe...when the bushings are in there...all the "lose" feeling of the stocker is totaly gone.It really feels like the car is on rails.

In my opinion...this is a more essential modifaction than for instance installing a cup kit or similar.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon wien » 20. Jan 2007, 15:32

Great :@g

i think the next "sammelbestellung" is borne :wink:

thnx for all your genious technical information!!

lg Feri
wien
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Tising » 20. Jan 2007, 19:28

Hi Jesper

What about the long term use. Quistions that comes to mind are: cracks over time in busings (do one need to change every other year), durability of material and wear on other parts.

I for one are VERY interested to get rid of the ridicuous wheelhop :shock: . So far noone have been able to help me :( . So i can really live with some extra noise, no problems 8) . If this is the solution to this, then write me up for a set, please. :lol:

Kim, EVOI
Copenhagen
Tising
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Tising » 20. Jan 2007, 19:31

And by the way.

Please, keep us posted on other cool parts you might think up, to improve our rides.
Tising
80 Ventiler
80 Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 20. Jan 2007, 20:17

Thanx guys.

Kim.
I´d say that the plastic per se(Delrin) will take the pounding-no sweat.
A setup like this is MORE wear resistant than its aluminium,steel-what have you counterpart.

Our concerns were more along the lines that the vibrations as well as the force induced per se needs to go somewhere(the OEM rubber bushings "eat" some of that up)-which MIGHT turn into that metal parts of the chassis(the rear subframe per se for instance) might develop cracks over time due to higher imparted loads.
Hence the reason for using plastic instead of for instance aluminium or steel-which from a result standpoint probably would amount to the same thing.
"Cell" plastic will absorb given amounts of vibrations(Its natural frequenzy works as sort of a "shock absorber") just as the OEM bushing,but the plastic bushing being of a MUCH higher shore hardness will of course transmit more of the stuff(vibrations and load) than will the OEM bushing.

Sort of a deal...damned if you do,damned if you don´t.
Why?
Well...if we keep the stock setup-albeit with heavy duty shock absorbers,springs aso...we indeed DO get wheelhop.
Wheelhop will to a MUCH greater extent than "solid" applied force destroy stuff...the chassis apart.
Drive shafts just being part of the equation...which has to be considered a fairly common mercedes problem.

So..the objective of the exercise is to minimize movement of the SUBFRAME..hence why we´ve opted to go for the minimum of effort-that is to change the front highly loaded ones ONLY.
That means that the stock rubber ones are left in place at the rear of the subframe.
This guarantees within limits that we as best as we can under the given circumstance STILL let the vibrations et al have somewhere to go..

That aside,let me again assure you....the DRIVING experience difference between the stock units and these...is out of this world.
With a couple of these installed...the mercedes 5 link REALLY start to show what it´s made of...for lack of better words the car simply feels like it is on rails...
Kim...when even I am amazed by how something this small and simple makes for THAT much of a difference...;)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 20. Jan 2007, 21:23

Turned the new flywheel for the Sachs 184mm clutch today...
One could say...that seing the difference in size alone between a stock flywheel diameter and the pressure plate sort of tells the story doesn´t it? :lol:

Bild
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 29. Jan 2007, 20:56

Bild

Bild

Bild

Customer wanted it done out of black steel out of cost reasons,but frankly aluminium makes for a FAR better looking and working end product.
None the less....
Making an intake like this...REALLY wakes the little 16V up...trust me on that.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 1. Feb 2007, 22:42

Bild

The new Ferrea valves.67g each with a total lenght of 135mm.
(Weight will come down as we cut them for 111,7)

Bild

New engine mounts.Needs an aluminium adapter.Heavy duty ones for the transmission bracket for a Volvo truck.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 6. Feb 2007, 20:44

Bild

These are weldbungs i turned in the lathe(drehbank) to be welded to the inlet and outlet of intercoolers.These are for Makis car.

Bild

Intake stacks also made in a lathe-by friend Tor of Nuke performance.
Again for Maki´s car,but the general principle applies for basically any turbocar.

Bild

Diffusor design layout.We cut the main plenum open to insert the stacks and then weld the stacks as well as the plenum shut.
Difference in engine behaviour is like night and day for a boosted engine.

All above is of course made out of aluminium.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 8. Feb 2007, 22:13

Bild

:shock: :D
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Henger » 8. Feb 2007, 22:16

Racing hat geschrieben:Bild

:shock: :D

Wow :shock: :shock: die schauen ja mal FETT aus :o ...erzähl mal was über deine neuen Pleul :D

Gruß Fränk
Bild

Bild

"16V Fahren, ich kann jederzeit damit aufhören, ährlisch"

Wenn die letzte Tankstelle schließt, wird Euch auffallen,
daß Greenpeace nachts kein Bier verkauft.
Henger
Administrator
Administrator

Bilder: 26
Autos: 2.5-16V EFI Bj.11/88 Erna

Beitragvon LUDE » 8. Feb 2007, 22:19

Hi Jesper!

The Firm who have build this "Pleul" is Plankel or Carillo?

Nice with "H-Profil"!

Sorry but i don`t know the worts in english.
And not in swedish. But your german is very good!
Bild

Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Racing » 8. Feb 2007, 23:04

None of the above.
They´re made by a swedish company-for Volvos.
Just so happends that the Volvo B23 engine stuff-built for the small volvo crank tap- can be used with BMW conrod bearings.
Likewise they need to be dressed a little for width.
Are 29,5 now-and needs to be taken down to 25.

But...you guessed it...we´re gonna build it strong enough to rev to the moon this time.
Our completely own "homebrewn" are also in the works.
Just gonna use stronger material,but be of the same layout.

Btw.
Rods above can be had in titanium as well.
Idea here is to investigate what can be done as far as rods and customer motors WITHOUT costing an arm and a leg.
Zuletzt geändert von Racing am 8. Feb 2007, 23:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon Racing » 8. Feb 2007, 23:06

LUDE btw.
Es heiss "H-profil" auf schwedish auch. ;)
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Beitragvon LUDE » 8. Feb 2007, 23:11

Thank you Jesper!

I have sean your Camaro Video. So the only word i understood was
"Luftfilter" :D
Bild

Bild

Instagram: LUDE669
LUDE

Bilder: 220
Autos: 190E 2.5-16 Kompressor Bj. 89, 190E 2.5-16 Sportevolution Bj.89, CLK 500 Bj.04, SLK 55 AMG Bj. 07

Beitragvon Racing » 11. Feb 2007, 18:46

Listen to this....
About a week back i thought i blew a headgasket on my own engine.
All of a sudden...as was back on running on 3 cylinders.
Due to workload..i´ve had to set my own car aside,but today i took the time to take the head off...completely certain to find a blown headgasket.

Nope.

Turns out that i´ve cracked a valve shim.
One of the shims used to adjust valve clearance.

So..in essence one of the pieces of the shim must have "stood at end" and made the valve stay 100% open-Ie;it couldn´t close.

None the less...
Got to take my turbo apart,and seing the boost levels i´m after in a short while i´ve decided to modify it by bolting the axial bearing to the housing.
Likewise i´ve found some hairline cracks in the OEM mercedes welds of the exhaust hedder that i´m going to give a once over with the TIG so it´ll be sealed again.

No harm no foul in other words..so i expect the car to be back in the road shortly.
Racing
maxi Ventiler
maxi Ventiler

Nächste

Zurück zu Tuning